know about you....but I LOOOOVE ANYTHING pumpkin.
|What you are making...|
I wanted a slightly healthier pumpkin cupcake and found a recipe online and then made a few changes to make it my own. These were extremely soft and moist cupcakes with a lovely cinnamon buttercream that isn't too sweet. Hope you like it!! Let me know if you make it and what you think. I would still classify this recipe as in the testing phase but thought I would go ahead and share it.
1/4 Cup - Butter, Softened
3/4 Cup - Unsweetened Applesauce (I used Mott's)
1 Cup - Granulated White Sugar
3/4 Cup - Packed Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
3/4 Cup - Milk
1 1/2 t - Vanilla Extract
15 oz - Pure Pumpkin (canned)
2 1/3 Cups - All Purpose Flour
1 T - Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 t - Ground Cinnamon
1 t - Baking Powder
3/4 t - Salt
1/2 t - Baking Soda
1/2 t - Ground Ginger
- Cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: Flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon, Baking Powder, Salt, Baking Soda and Ground Ginger. Stir with fork to combine or sift if flour is lumpy.
- To your butter and sugar mixture, add the eggs (one at a time) and stir until just combined. Add your applesauce, milk, vanilla and pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Add your dry ingredients by large spoonful, mixing between and scraping down the edges and bottom of your bowl.
|I believe I got these as a set with the sprinkles and toppers from WalMart.|
- Line cupcake pans with cupcakes cases and spoon mixture into each cup filling about 2/3 full. This should make about 24 cupcakes.
- Bake your cupcakes at 350F for about 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from cupcake pans and onto a wire rack for cooling. Cool cupcakes completely before icing.
4 Cups - Powdered Sugar
2 T - Milk
1 T - Vanilla Extract
2 t - Ground Cinnamon (or more depending on how spicy you want it, or you can additionally add some pumpkin pie spice)
|Little flecks of yummy cinnamon!|
|Piped using one of the flower tips, inside to outside pattern.|
- Place butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until the butter is pale yellow in color and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, slowly, a spoonful at a time and mix on stir speed (unless you want a facial of powdered sugar) until all sugar is combined.
- Add your milk, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until fluffy and combined. Add more milk if it seems too stiff.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.
|Pumpkin ALL THE THINGS!!|