Coffee. Chocolate. Brownies. Do I really need to say more?
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9"x13" glass baking dish.
- In a small non-stick saucepan on low heat, melt butter completely. Then, add in sugar and cook 1-2 minutes. DO NOT BOIL! Stir constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and add the espresso or instant coffee powder and the chocolate chips.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the eggs and salt together.
- Once your chocolate and sugar mixture is cool enough that you can touch the sides of the pan with your hand then you can SLOWLY add the chocolate and sugar mixture into the egg mixture. I would do a spoonful at a time to temper your chocolate (bring up the temperature of the eggs to the chocolate). Make sure your mixture is cool enough or you will have scrambled eggs!! Mix until egg is combined.
- Lastly, add cocoa powder, baking powder, flour and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add milk and give one last mix. If your mixture is too thick you can add a little more milk.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle (a light dusting all over) some of the coffee powder (I use my fingers) on top of your brownies. I also add some mini chocolate chips on the top of mine but this is optional.
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes. After 20 minutes you will want to check and see if the middle is done. Stick a toothpick in pull it out and touch the mixture on the toothpick. If it still seems raw put it back in for up to 10 more minutes. The edges will come away from the pan but the middle should still be a little gooey but not raw.
- Serve WARM with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for optimal deliciousness.