Give me all the gooey melted cheese!!!
|You know you want to make this!|
Who doesn't love dips?! If you don't, then you might need to go to the doctor to make sure your taste buds are working properly!
Also, this recipe makes A LOT of dip. I made this in a 9x13 pan and we all ate on it for a few days. Let me know how you like it and/or any questions you have in the comments! Also, let me know what your favorite dip is!!
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 (12 oz) jars of Reese Quartered & Marinated Artichoke Hearts (drained, rinsed a little and chopped)
- 1 (10-16 oz) package of frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry if you got the little box type)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese (I used DiGornio)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmans with Olive Oil)
- 8oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divded (1 cup for inside dip and 1 cup for top)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (liquid not powdered, I used Ken's)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder (or 1 sm fresh onion chopped)
- Hefty sprinkling of parsley flakes & black pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|These are the artichokes I used.|
Drain, rinse slightly and chop your artichoke hearts. Thaw your spinach and squeeze dry. I used Picsweet brand 16oz bag from Walmart. This isn't as wet and the boxes of frozen spinach so I didn't need to squeeze mine.
|My mixture in my too small of bowl (prior to spinach).|
Mix all ingredients except 1 cup of mozzarella and the olive oil in a bowl until well combined. Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Dump your ingredient mixture into your baking dish. I didn't get a big enough bowl out to fit my spinach in so I had to do a layering technique into the pan and then mix it in the pan (see below). I suggest just using a big enough bowl to begin with! Ha!
|Yah, so because of my "bowl issue" I layered it into my pan.|
|After I mixed it all up in the pan.|
Top with your reserved 1 cup mozzarella cheese and drizzle the olive oil on the top of that (to help with moisture and browning in the oven).
|Yessssss!! All the cheese!|
Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Mine didn't get brown enough on top so I turned the broiler on high for a few minutes to finish browning. DONT BURN IT! Keep your eye on it and crack the oven door if you do this. Its very easy to ruin your yummy dip by burning the top of it.
|Oh my word! Can you even deal with that melted brown cheese goodness?! Get in my belly!!|
Serve with tortilla chips or fritos. I mean, you can also use veggies to dip it if you are feeling EXTRA healthy. I was NOT feeling extra healthy. I also didn't salt the mixture because I knew it was being served with salty chips. If you salt it, it will be too salty. If you are going to use veggies for dipping you might want to add a little salt to the mix.